This works for me – figure out what works for you than make sure you stick with it.
- Wake-up at least 1.5 hours before my first planned activity
- 2 cups of coffee (a must!)
- 1 hour before run have a small bowl of oatmeal
- Drink about 12 oz of water through-out the morning
- Figure out what I’m wearing (if cold layers)
- Eat Gu or small banana 15-10 mins before run
- Foam Roll or dynamic stretching 15-10 mins before I leave for run
- Decide how I’m feeling and what my goals for run are (Am I working on negative splits, pace or slow conversation pace)
- If I’m running longer than an hour I bring water and Gu – I try and bring 100 cal of sports nutrition for every hour that I am exercising. I have a really hard time getting sports nutrition down so I make sure I practice what I plan on eating for race day.
- GPS watch
- Head out the door!